Monday, February 4, 2013

Recycling Day

I noticed this morning that my neighbors were showing up for the recycling game. We routinely win recycling rounds by the sheer amount of crap (mostly wanted) that we order from Amazon, but not only did we have competition, but they brought their A game.

They must have noticed the Coach shopping bag...or maybe the large cardbox indicating the top-of-the-line steam cleaner that we just ordered this week....or maybe the shoebox for my brand new running shoes.

Something must have stirred their middle-class angst!

I also noticed that they most distinctly put all of their crap out before 6pm last night. I'm sure one of the HOA trolls will take note. I only notice because it was drilled into our heads that WE DO NOT LIVE IN A DUMP. Don't put out trash/recycling before 6pm!

I have been socialized. I almost picked up one of those "Choose Civility" bumper stickers that they hand out to residents here.

In other news...this is how I feel today...


No comments:

Post a Comment